Monday, May 27, 2013

Cleveland Hopkins

While it may sound like an odd title for a blog about a model railroad, no it is an odd title. I am traveling today for work and while attempting to depart Kansas City we were graced by a lovely spring thunderstorm forcing us to stay grounded for just over an hour. Upon finally arriving in Cleveland, United was kind enough to have already booked me on a new flight out, but it wouldn't be for another two hours. As I wandered toward my gate in terminal D I noticed a NS train sitting in view of the windows, in the rear of the terminal. For the past hour I've sat here in a very quiet part of the terminal, the music through the PA and bird chirping are louder than anyone talking around me, and watched four NS trains roll by, reading my July digital issue of Model Railroader.

Train 1 - mixed freight
Train 2 - unit tank
Train 3 - unit tank
Train 4 - intermodal

One would think that since I have chosen a career where I travel better than 11 months a year, I would enjoy the travel, but regardless of how many times you do it, airports are not generally enjoyable. Often when getting aggravated over people who don't seem to know what they are doing, I have to remind myself that for some of them, this could be their first trip. Anyway, there is nothing like a nice unexpected period of watching trains roll by during the middle of a long day.
Thank You Cleveland Hopkins and Norfolk Southern
 
Train 5 - unit tank
Train 6 - mixed freight
Train 7 - intermodal (tofc and containers on flat cars, no wells...)
Train 8 - mixed freight
Train 9 - auto hauler

No comments:

Post a Comment